About the Centre
Communication Research Trends
Comunicarte Revista semestral do Centro de Linguagem e Comunicação da Pontificia
Universidade Católica de Campinas; C.P. 317 - CEP 13012-970; Campinas, SP; Brazil.
Volume 25, no. 31 (2005)
Volume 24, no. 30 (2005)
- Zanotti, C. A. (2005). Coletiva: uma experiência de extensão em jornalismo. ["Colectiva": An experience in extension in journalism]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 7-19.
- Roldão, C. G. (2005). Análise comparativa dos aspectos regionais do Jornal Correio Popular [Comparative analysis of the regional aspects of the Correio Popular newspaper]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 21-35.
- Alves, F. S. (2005). A dança break: uma análise dos fatores componentes do esforço no duplo movimento de ver e sentir [Break Dancing: An analysis of the components of the double movement of seeing and feeling]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 37-53.
- Ramos, J. A. (2005). O leitor de literatura e o leitor dos meios de comunicação [The reader of literature and the reader of media]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 55-69.
- Carvalho, J. M. de, & Bragion, L. H. de A. (2005). Divulgação cientifica e extensão universitária: o projeto minuto da ciência [Scientific publishing and university extension: Minute of Science project]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 71-82.
- Souza, L. S. de. (2005). A enunciação: enlaçamentos e heterogeneidades para a comunicação [Enunciation: Ties and heterogeneities for communication]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 83-106.
- nassar, M. R. F. (2005). Comunicação e saúde: a humanização das práticas médicas [Communication and health: The humanization of medical practices]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 107-119.
- Held, M. S. B. de. (2005). A imagem na pós-modernidade: reflexões [Image in postmodernity: Reflextions]. Comunicarte, 24(30), 121-126.
Volume 21 (2003)
- Fedel, A. (2003). O ato do colecionismo na Indústria Cultural [The act of collecting in the Cultural Industry]. Comunicarte, 21, 7-18.
This work highlights some aspects of collecting acts in the Cultural Industry through bibliographical and field research with the agents of the present collecting market in São Paulo. Some of the tools used are the process of myth building and symbolization of the objects.
- Carvalho, C. M., Pontes, A., & Ruberti, I. (2003). Comunição e Educação: uma aproximação necessária
[Communication and Education: a necessary approximation]. Comunicarte, 21, 19-26.
This article presents a reflection about the need of an intervening literacy of the teachers that guarantees them competence of forming, in the school environment, conscious citizens that are able to receive messages from the mass media critically.
- Carvalho, D. (2003). Calvin: quando a violência do mundo real mata um personagem da ficção [Calvin: when the violence of the real world kills a fictional character]. Comunicarte, 21, 27-36.
This article is about the cathartic relationship a comic book reader lives through a character and how the death of the character Calvin is connected to the social changes lived by the American society, especially in the 90s. This article analyzes how these changes led into a subversion of the fictional narrative proposition, which is to function in a parasite world of the real one.
- Garboggini, F. B. (2003). A semiótica como instrumento de análise de publicidade [Semiotics as an instrument for the analysis of publicity]. Comunicarte, 21, 37-52.
This work intends to outline some elements in Denis Betrand and J. M. Folch's proposals for the analysis and accomplishment of publicity. Semiotics is a useful tool for the reflection at various moments of the creation of advertisement and publicizing.
- Roldáo, I. C. (2003). Que linguagem é essa? [What language is that?]. Comunicarte, 21, 53-66.
The objective of this paper is to identify based on Jornal Nacional, Jornal da Record, and Jornal da Cultura the writing characteristics used in the oral language of tele-journalism. It shows that the oral language used in tele-journalism, even considering its basic writing rules, presents some characteristics that define different oral language styles.
- Nassar, M. R. F. (2003). Princípios da comunição excelente para o bom relacionamento médico paciente [Excellent principles of communication for a good doctor/patient relationship]. Comunicarte, 21, 67-84.
This article deals with the issue of communication in the area of health, focusing on doctor/patient relationships. It is a quantitative and qualitative research carried on at hospitals.
- Bortoliero, S. (2003). A produção de vídeos educacionais e científicos nas universidades brasileiras [The production of educational and scientific videos at Brazilian universities]. Comunicarte, 21, 85-100.
The text is part of the research done for a dissertation presented in 1989, at the Universidade Metodista de São Paulo and its objective was to identify the production centers of educational and scientific videos at Brazilian universities. Its main focus is the historic development of Unicamp Communication Center in the 80s.
- Pelegrini, S. (2003). Leitores, discurso e linguagem: a informação por meio das manchetes de jornais [Readers, discourse, and language: information through the analysis of newspapers]. Comunicarte, 21, 101-125.
This study aims to relating the understanding of the language used in political-journalistic discourse in the newspapers Folha de S. Paulo, O Estado de S. Paulo and Diario de São Paulo headlines right after Lula's victory at 2003 presidential elections. The study highlights degrees of persuasion, since the winter's journalistic discourse and the reader's understanding do not integrate only one communication style.
Volume 20 (2003)
- Falaschi, C. L. (2003). Diretrizes curriculares em jornalismo: Da camisa de força à abertura criativa. [Curricular guidelines in journalism: restrictions on journalism creativity]. Comunicarte, 20, 7-32.
The evaluation of official curriculum for Brazilian journalism courses, since the first edition in the forties until the 02/84 Resolution from the Federal Education Council, has been the object of this review. In its first version, the study resulted in a curricular structure proposal. The new model, implemented as of 2001, gets rid of the restrictions imposed by 02/84 “Journalism Creativity,” “Literary Journalism,” and “Research Journalism,” as well as allowing more flexibility in the modulation of the practical disciplines.
- Gimenes, C. G. (2003). Nova classificação de públicos para relações públicas. [New classifications of publics for public relations]. Comunicarte, 20, 33-38.
The classifications of publics, which were made in their own time, help the institutions to identify their public. However, in times of globalization, technological progress, and modern techniques in administration, when the different kinds of marketing have different types of public, which do not fit the present classifications , it is necessary to review or at least something more to the research made in the area. We are introducing a new classification of publics based on the physical-legal.
- Puga de Morales, D. (2003). Cartografia em turismo: reflexões acerca do mapa turístico. [Tourism Cartography: considerations about tourist maps]. Comunicarte, 20, 39-48.
This article includes some considerations about tourism cartography, specifically what refers to tourist maps. It also establishes a parallel between cartographic products developed by Geography and those dedicated to Tourism, in which information is a fundamental tool in the tourist activity itself.
- Cheida, M. J. (2003). Interesse e legitimidade na comunicação estratégica [Interest and legitimate values of strategic communication]. Comunicarte, 20, 49-64.
This article intends to establish a reference for the concept of interest applied to organizational communication, from press assistance to strategic communication. The main question presented by journalism students is “which interest is defended by a communication assistant?”. To affirm that the journalist and the communication assistant defend different interests is pejorative and critical.
- Barros, M. S. (2003). O criador: ésta à margem ou é testemunha de sua época? [The creator: is he on the edge or is he a witness of the time?]. Comunicarte, 20, 65-72.
Within the theme “creator and creation”, the proposal refers to some questions and reflections. Even though the creative act develops at moments of ruptures and rescues, its attitudes end when it occurs, at the same time when it obtains its term of permanence, that of pregnancy, in the memory, or better, its true existence will be the physical time but the time of psychophysical pregnancy.
- Vilas Boas, S. (2003). Metabiografia e arte: um problema de aproximação.
[Metabiography and art: a problem of approximation]. Comunicarte, 20, 73-90.
This article presents the proposal of a theoretical – experimental Metabiography (an extensive life history, where the biographer explains the difficulties in the process of writing a biography); relates this process of writing a biography with studies of aesthetics, phenomenology and epistemology.
- Navacinsk, S. D. G. (2003). O evento na convergêon;ncia de Relaçoes Públicas e Marketing--um instrumento para construçao e consolidação das marcas. [An event of convergence between Public Relations and Marketing--an instrument for the construction and consolidation of brands]. Comunicarte, 20, 91-108.
The purpose of this study is to widen the intersection field between public relations in the marketing context and to demystify the event as being a minor activity in the area of Communications, which nowadays is adopted as a mean to overcome great obstacles observed in the companies image.
- Soares, S. G. & Carvalho, J. O. F. (2003). Educação e formação profissional ne PUC-Campinas-SP: emprego de tecnologia (EAD). [Education and professional formation of PUC-Campinas-SP: employment in technology (EAD)]. Comunicarte, 20, 109-118.
An educational panorama from the point of view of the technological progress and the changes in society with the implementation and the dissemination of the Internet and the imperatives introduced by the Pontifical University of Campinas. It analyzes the university’s commitment to the development of the educational system, correcting problems and encompassing the changes of contemporary society.
- Tesser, T. C. (2003). Programas femininos têon;m espaço nos vinte primeiros anos do Rádio no Brasil [Feminine programs within the first twenty years of radio programming in Brazil]. Comunicarte, 20, 119-128.
In this study of the first twenty years of the radio in Brazil it has been observed that women are rarely mentioned as true participants. However women did have effective participation in radio programming. They led feminine programs and led serious discussions about their lives.
- Geribello, W. J. (2003). Novas tecnologias em comunição social: uma nova visão. [New technology in social communications: a new vision]. Comunicarte, 20, 129-.
This work analyzes basic modifications in the social communication processes by the incorporation of new technology, employing Functionalist and Information Theories. It also offers pedagogical alternatives to the teaching of new technologies in Public Relations Undergraduate courses.
Volume 19 (2002)
- Oliveira Suppia, Alfredo Luiz Paes de. "Esper machine: A metalinguagemem Blade Runner, de Ridley Scott," pp. 11-24. This essay explores metalanguage in cinema, particularly its manifestation between photography and cinema as it appears in the "Esper Machine" sequence in Blade Runner.
- Barros, Anotnio Teixeira de. "Ecologia d poderes: O discurso ecológico da imprensa Brasileira À luz do pensamento de Michel Foucault e Pierre Bourdieu," pp. 25-39. "This article analyzes the relationships of power in the discourse of the Brazilian press about ecology," from 1972 to 1992. Its perspective is informed by the theories of Foucault and Bourdieu.
- Fuser, Bruno. "O Boletim da pastoral na 'zona' de Campinas," pp. 41-54. This article examines the community-based press, in this instance one sponsored by religious organizations working with prostitutes in Campinas. The press seeks to encourage a critically active and transformative participation.
- Lahni, Cláudio Regina. "Outras possibilidades para o rádio," pp. 55-65. Beginning with the history of radio (especially in Brazil), this essay explores alternative possibilities for the content and format radio for participation.
- Raij, Cleonice Furtado de Mendonça van. "Das antigas artes: A arte de consolar," pp. 67-77. The literary genre of consolation extends from Greco-Roman literature, philosophy, and rhetoric. This essay traces its history.
- Camargo, Dulce maria Pompêo de. "Conhecimento escolar: Identidade, sociedade e interdiscursividade," pp. 79-91. This essay explores the construction of knowledge among non-graduated teachers in central and western Brazil.
- Lima, Edvaldo Pereira. "Histórias de vida em jornalisml literário avançado," pp. 93-107. "This article, which is a combination of historical chronicle, conceptual definitions, philosophical reflection, epistemological assumptions and also the report of the development of a pertinent proposal, discusses profiles, literary journalism and lifestories."
- Mattos, Fernando. "Mídia, poder econômico e globalização," pp. 109-120. After an analysis of the economics of journalism and the influence of globalization, the author argues for the rights of citizens to a plurality of opinion.
- Belda, Francisco Rolfsen. "A informação científica no noticiário: Um estudo dos mecanismos de reformulação lingüística influentes no discurso jornalístico de divulgação," pp. 121-132. "This work aims to give a theoretical approach of the journalistic discourse of scientific publishing based mainly on Language Sciences, in order to contribute towards a methodology adequate for the study of this issue."
- Caldas, Graça. "Leitura crítica da mídia: Educação para a cidadania," pp. 133-143. This article explores the relationship among the process of information production, the media, and education."
- Vargas, Herom. "Música pop, espetáculo mito: Questões de tempo e espaço," pp. 145-156. "This article aims at analyzing the connections between rock and pop music, contemporary spectacles, and mythical rituals as far as time and space perception and configuration are concerned."
- Garboggini, João André Brito. "A presença humana em 'O Gabinete do Dr. Caligari' e 'Nosferatu'," pp. 157-166. Two classic films of German Expressionism are examined in the context of the 20th century history of Expressionism.
- Benedetti, Luiz Roberto. "Vertigem do Vazio," pp. 167-175. This analysis of religion in the (print) media presents a "horizontal evaluation" and argues that even the absence of religious values in favor of materialism presents religion.
- Pechula, Marcia Reami. "Os signos mítico-sagrados na divulgação científica dos meios de comunicação de massa," pp. 189-204. "This study starts with the hypothesis that mass media vehicles, which inform discoveries and scientific inventions-rational scientific knowledge, make use of signs that represent the mythical-sacred world (expressed in a mysterious and magical way), creating in the telespectator or reader, an imaginary realm that gives continuity to the mythical-sacred visions."
Volume 18 (2001)
This issue features articles on a variety of topics, many authored by faculty members from Campinas.
- Carnicel, Amarildo, Envelope Cultural um Passeio Dirigido Pelo País por Meio das Cartas e das Fotos de Mário de Andrade (pp. 7-22), on the correspondence and photo archives of the writer Mário de Andrade, reporting on his travels through the country in search of the roots of Brazilian culture.
- Falaschi, Celso, Avaliação de Níveis de Criatividade no Jornalismo Impresso Brasileiro (pp. 23-40), reporting a survey evaluating the levels of creativity in Brazilian print journalism.
- Gohr, Cláudia Fabiana, Luís Moretto Netto, & Edvaldo Alves Santana, O Capital Humano Como
Elemento Competitivo das Organizações: Um Estudo de Caso no Setor Hoteleiro de Itapema-SC (pp. 41-55), on the role of intellectual capital, knowledge, and information in hotel organizations.
- Adorno-Silva, Dulce A., A Alma Aprisionada (pp. 56-69), analyzing the importance of the image, comparing photographic language to verbal language.
- Quintana, Haenz Gutiérrez, A fotografia no Design de Cartazes de Cinema (pp. 70-75), presenting a narrative analysis of film images in the design of cinema posters.
- Melo, José Marques de, A Primeira Tese de Doutorado em Ciências da Comunicação Defendida
no Brasil (pp. 76-88), an historical study of the first Brazilian Ph.D. dissertation in communication (by Luiz Beltrão), which helped establish the study of folk communication in Brazil.
- Golobovante, Maria da Conceição, A Publicidade na Literatura, uma Influência Paródica? (pp. 89-102), on the nature and development of publicity/public relations, including an analysis of its
language use according to the theory of language function and the theory of parody.
- Oliveira Lima, Maria Érica de, Oligarquia, Coronelismo e Meios de Comunicação (pp. 103-118),
a study in political communication, contrasting the traditional Brazilian exercise of power through oligarchy and land ownership with a newer social pattern that concentrates power in the hands of dominating people, and now through the mass media.
- Mingorance, Solange, As Mulheres de Nelson Rodrigues no Cinema (pp. 119-132), a psycho-social analysis of female characters in some of the films based on the plays of Nelson Rodrigues,
looking at both what the women represent to themselves and what they represent to the world.
- Souza, Sueli de, O Papel da Mídia na Formação de Consciência (pp. 133-138), arguing for an
ethical analysis of the media, particularly as it forms individual consciousness on issues of globalization.